Do you have some leftover cranberry sauce? Make a Cranberry Sunrise!
(For Shannon, with love)
Ingredients and Supplies
- Large Pilsner glass
- 2 Tbsp cranberry sauce (preferably home-made, not that canned crap)
- 2 oz vodka (substitute rum or tequila)
- 8 oz (1 cup) orange juice
- 1/2 cup of ice, cubed
- Small Measuring cup
- Add 2 Tbsp cranberry sauce to empty measuring cup
- Add 1 oz vodka to measuring cup
- With a spoon, blend cranberry sauce and vodka to form a syrup
- Put 1 oz vodka in an empty Pilsner glass
- Add 1/2 cup ice to Pilsner glass
- Pour 8 oz (1 cup) orange juice over the ice, in to the Pilsner glass
- Gently pour cranberry syrup on top of the floating ice – it will slowly sink to the bottom, forming a magenta layer at the bottom of the glass.
Garnish with orange or lime
Many retail stores want you to go out early on a cold Friday morning to stand in line for that TECHNOLOGY DEAL THAT’S TOO GOOD TO PASS UP.
There are no good technology deals on Black Friday.
Watch Out for Personal Computing Door Busters
Regardless of what you see on TV, or what it says in the newspaper flyer this week, DON’T BUY IT.
The retail stores know how to manipulate the specs so that they can sell you a cheap piece of crap at a “discounted” price.
- That tablet for $150? Yep, it’s worth $150 – it’s not “discounted” from $300. It’s a CHEAP PIECE OF CRAP.
- Buy your loved one a new phone for $200? Yep, it’s the one with 32GB of memory, the crappy camera, the short battery life, and no external memory card. It’s not the $500 phone you think you’re buying.
- Every kid wants a drone! I’ll get one for little Timmy! Timmy is going to HATE a crappy little 3 inch drone that he can’t fly very well because it sucks.
- YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT A 4K TV!!!!! Yes, you can. Wait until the new models come out in February. Right now, you’re buying last year’s model at this year’s price, at a slight discount because they have to get rid of it anyway.
- Time to upgrade to a state of the art computer! A 16GB Chromebook is NOT AN UPGRADE from anything!
- You get the picture
Instead, all online retailers, including the brick and mortar stores, are offering great deals online all week, and you can probably get a “real” deal next week during Cyber Monday as well.